This is my 2nd time, invited to speak at Qatar Leadership Conference, an UN model organized by student leaders on leaderships skills and development. Over 50 energized students attended my session. I spoke about how I applied brand lessons from my favorite houses to my own brand.
My 3 favorite fashion houses are Salvatore Ferragamo, Tiffany & Co, and Alexander McQueen. Not only theses brands have carefully crafted their brand images, but also maintain their brand consistency through out years. These 3 brands are connected with me through great emotions, and represent who I am. How so?
- Salvatore Ferragamo brand: obsessed with solving a problem, innovated designs with 350+ patents, associated with Hollywood as “the shoemaker to stars”, and giving back to art communities.
- Tiffany & Co brand: visionary for THE American style that celebrates life, set standards and trends, associated with Royalties and Hollywood. Ethical sourcing.
- Alexander McQueen brand: self-expression, high femininity, strengths, eccentricity and individuality. Pushing boundaries. Embracing technology.
What does your brand stand for?
I am still working on how to … build a stronger network, connect with people at a deeper level, have a signature icon association, and maintain consistency in my brand image.
We have so much to learn from brands of fashion houses. Take a time and ask yourself these questions,
- What’s your fashion brand association?
- What’s your brand image?
- What would you do for your own brand?